October is one of the cheapest months of the year! Think about it.. throw together a homemade costume=free! Take your kids to a local festival=free! And then take them trick or treating (possibly more than once)= FREE CANDY!
The first year we had a baby we used a mouse costume our SIL gave us and created our costumes from things we had in the house. 3 Blind Mice- bada bing bada boom!
Halloween does not have to be expensive! Go out and famfreely!
One of my favorite Halloween deals are the $4 Booritos on Oct. 31. Dress up and save!
$4 BURRITOS ON HALLOWEEN
Come get ghoulish with us. Just rock your Halloween costume to Chipotle from 3pm to close on 10/31 to get a $4 burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos, or use code BOORITO in our app or online to get yours. Let’s boo this thing.
I’m not much of a reader- BUT I am a library fan!
There are so many great activities and the best part is they are free! Fortunately I live near a lot of public libraries so this makes my options even greater! Some things we like to do at the library are:
- Ride the Elevator – ok, only when needed to go upstairs so we don’t abuse the privilege
- Play with giant blocks – provided by the library
- Summer reading program prizes
- ALL Library Story times and special events
- Nature outside – Our local library is also near “The Waterway” and we love to walk along there and look at fish and turtles and then go inside to get out of the heat.
- Puzzles – my 3 year old could sit and do this all day (and he’s actually really good at them)
- Check out movies
- Catch the Free trolley and go for a ride
- Play a game on the computer
- And last but not least read books- great way to decide if you want to bring home that random book your kiddo pulled off the shelf!