I’m not much of a reader- BUT I am a library fan!
There are so many great activities and the best part is they are free! Fortunately I live near a lot of public libraries so this makes my options even greater! Some things we like to do at the library are:
- Ride the Elevator – ok, only when needed to go upstairs so we don’t abuse the privilege
- Play with giant blocks – provided by the library
- Summer reading program prizes
- ALL Library Story times and special events
- Nature outside – Our local library is also near “The Waterway” and we love to walk along there and look at fish and turtles and then go inside to get out of the heat.
- Puzzles – my 3 year old could sit and do this all day (and he’s actually really good at them)
- Check out movies
- Catch the Free trolley and go for a ride
- Play a game on the computer
- And last but not least read books- great way to decide if you want to bring home that random book your kiddo pulled off the shelf!